Monday, March 10, 2008

Push, Hope, and Oh Well!

Today I put a lot on my agenda because I was hoping to cast tomorrow. This is the Peete's coffee that was suppose to fuel that agenda. What's wrong with this picture? It's me RETURNING home, just after I left, because I forgot something! UGH!


Went back to Rite Aide, in Orinda, to get the overpriced modeling clay because I HAD too! Not happy about this!


Next stop, Ocean Campus. There was an open studio today. I needed to pick up some wax sprues. I was also hoping to catch my teacher to go over how I planned to sprue the cowboy. Bay Bridge here I come!




Now here comes the make or break moment. I got wax sprues, but not my teacher. Someone I was not familiar with, and who wasn't familiar with my project, was in the studio today. I knew that was a possibility. It's not like what I'm doing is rocket science, and any wall I was hitting was my own doing. So what's the delima here? Do I really have the time and/or knowledge to sprue and invest this thing right today so I can cast tomorrow? Do I disappoint my casting partner who is counting on me to do this tomorrow? Who I might also add has the torch I need? Or do I wait until my teacher comes back so she can double check my sprues? If I wait, I'm pretty sure it means I have to wait another week to cast. I need to think, I need a taco, I need to go to the mission. Maybe I'll find an answer there?

I got my taco and I got Bruce Lee! Who better to find when push comes to shove?

What did I decide to do?

I decided to disappoint my casting partner and wait for my teacher to come back. I could have risked it, but the bottom line is I would have been working against myself and increasing the odds that my cowboy would come out like a piece of you know what. So today gets to kick my a$$. I like my cowboy more than I realized and I really want it to come out. I've realized that casting is not for those who like to procrastinate. There is too much time, effort, and money involved. Do I think there is a point when you can push the limits of the process? Ya, but it's after you know a thing or two. I don't! Tomorrow I'll teach my casting partner cuttlebone casting and hopefully she'll be able to loan me her torch next weekend.

No comments: